Every Friday, the mobility team here at Cloud Sherpas scours the Web for the hottest, most relevant mobile technology news of the week and compiles it in conveniently-byte-sized chunks right here — for fast, easy, on-the-go consumption.
Do you have a story we didn’t cover? Post it in the comments, and join the conversation.
This Week’s Top Links in Mobility ( In no particular order)
- The Microsoft Surface
Microsoft enters the hardware market and you know it looks pretty darn good.
- Microsoft Unveils Windows Phone 8
This week was all about Microsoft. With Windows Phone 8 it looks like they have another winner but only time will tell.
- 57% of developers plan to adopt Windows Phone
More love for Microsoft? Notice that developers “plan” but haven’t committed. Either way its good news for ole’ MS.
- Mobile Security Startup gets $10M in funding
Mobile security is THE big issue when it comes to enterprise mobility.
- iOS and Android Tablets Level Off
By 2013 expect tablets to be in the hands of a lot of Americans.
- Log into websites using a mobile app … from FORD!
Ford shows that it can continue to innovate by bringing its keyless entry tech into the mainstream.
- Businesses Are Investing in Internal App Stores
In response to increasing security concerns around enterprise mobility.
- Google Gives Sneak Peak to new Android OS
- Expect an announcement at Google I/O this year … maybe they’ll address the fragmentation issue?