Our friends over at Radian6, the SalesForce.com-owned social data tracking service, recently published the Social Media Monitoring and Engagement Playbook, which you can download for free right after the jump.
Finally starting to think your business can no longer afford to sit out the social media movement? Before you rush out and open your first Twitter account, you should know: Leaping into social media without a plan can be overwhelming — if not also a little reckless!
If you, or your business, have decided to join The Conversation — that’d be the infinitely complex discussion of all things, literally, currently unfolding live on the Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc. — you must first understand the risks you inherit (along with a far greater set of benefits) by choosing to engage customers via social networking platforms.
You need an engagement playbook to adequately understand and care for the community you seek to cultivate. Enter Radian6′s new eBook.
The Social Media Monitoring and Engagement Playbook will walk you through the following workflow phases:
- Listening to the right conversations
- Flagging and prioritizing conversations
- Classifying conversations (“product review”, “sales lead”, “industry discussion”, etc)
- Tagging the source (“influencer”, “employee”, “competitor”, etc)
- Escalating the conversation if needed
- Assigning the post to the appropriate handler (“sales”, “customer service”, “training”, etc)